Monday, December 31, 2007

Dog Updates

After Don's article on Sadie appeared in the U.B. he received cards and E-Mails as far away as Singapore. One of the nicest letters came from neighboring College Place and was printed in the Sunday U.B.:

Fond farewell to good friend Sadie

I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a few tears today, when I read the paper. A friend of mine had passed away.

It shouldn't have surprised me since she was getting up in years and hints had been dropped that she was dealing with health Issues. Still, expectation and reality are very different things.

It was an unusual friendship. I never saw, spoke, or touched this friend. But, in a special way, she shared her life with me in her column about her travels and adventures. It was kind of the human she owned to transcribe her stories so she could share them with readers like me.

Being owned by a pack of similar family members, it was easy to relate to her stories. I love the outdoors, but I don't hunt or fish so I seldom read the column if pictures of her weren't included or if her name wasn't prominently displayed in the title.

I hope my friend is now bounding through the endless expanses of meadows, forests, rivers and mountains in heaven. I bet she is getting to know the "lay of the land" so when her human joins her they can go romping through eternity, one adventure after another.

Farewell Sadie, I'm going to miss you. Thank you, Mr. Davis for sharing your "best friend" with us these many years.

Please Accept our condolences. I hope you will soon be owned by another "best friend and that we will learn to love that friend as we did Sadie. God Bless.

Guillermo F. Garcia


As news of Sadie's passing spread, several people offered to give Don and Darlene a new dog. They ended up getting a very cute schnauzer puppy. They named her Nora and they seem to be extremely happy with her.

Since we rescued Zorro from the drain pipe under the 4th avenue bridge we have been providing him with lots of exercise, discipline and affection. Today Dawn Took Zoro around as she ran errands and he did well. She also let him run in the park with out his leash...and he came back. He is making progress everyday. He is very smart and sweet dog. I along with Dawn Marie and Buddy will continue to help Zorro become a calmer more stable poodle. Then, hopefully we will find him a nice home.

No comments: